The ATF will require fingerprints, pictures, and a law enforcement notification for all NFA applications postage marked on or after July 13, 2016. Only you, the creator (settlor) of the trust, must comply with these requirements if you follow the instructions below. The amendment and instructions below apply only to trusts drafted by NFA Lawyers, LLC.
– Get fingerprinted at your local gun shop or detention center
– Obtain passport pictures from your local gun shop or drug store
– Take the following to your dealer when you purchase an NFA weapon
1) A copy of your entire Gun Trust and a blank Assignment of Property
2) A copy of the Amendment you downloaded and completed
4) Passport pictures
– Your dealer will help you fill out any forms. Most dealers also mail any forms for you.
You may shred this amendment upon approval of the NFA application. At this moment, all co-trustees are back on your trust and may possess all NFA weapons in the trust.
If submitting a Form 1 or Form 4 without a dealer, you must mail all of the above requirements to the ATF. A Form 5320.23 and a copy of the Form 1 or Form 4 must also be mailed to your local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO). This person is your local sheriff or constable. Regular mail is perfectly acceptable.